Association of Property Professionals Delhi-NCR (APP NCR)
Real estate had gone through a glorious era in the first half of the last decade. It went through a robust and growing volume in business, and a lot of end users have taken the opportunity of the corrected prices and purchased their dream properties. Despite continuous developments in the sector, there was not even a single organisation to protect the rights of industry players. All the forums were raising the concerns of buyers, but issues and challenges that industry was afflicted with were out of the sight of these forums. To rectify the imbalanced equation, leaders from the industry united in solidarity and established the National Association of Realtors – India (NAR –India) in 2008. Association of Property Professionals Delhi-NCR (APP NCR) is the NCR Chapter of NAR – India.
The very objective of APP is creating a common and cohesive force to represent and protect the brokers’ interests in front of the government and other agencies. APP NCR started with 4 members in 2008 and now 125+ member are the part of this organization. APP works for the betterment of industry players and to overcome their challenges such as zero representation of brokers in the government and other agencies including RERA, ever-increasing compliances and heaviest penalties for errors made by parties (where brokers have minimal control over a longer run), and no consortium to help brokers whose brokerages are not paid by buyers. APP fights for these and many other issues of real estate professionals in Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, and Noida.
APP works on expanding the network of its members by creating interactive sessions on topics such as prevailing laws, social media marketing, RERA, and organising ‘Lets Connect’ events with grade ‘A’ developers in Delhi-NCR to create business opportunities for all. Under the aegis of NAR – India, APP encourages its members to follow the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. It also offers comprehensive resources to realtors to provide world-class services and create value for all the stakeholders in the industry.
Almost all the known brokers in Delhi-NCR are members of APP, and anyone who is a well-established broker in the Delhi-NCR market and is open to networking and learning can be a member of the APP. The organisation is successfully enticing responsible members, and its total strength is expected to reach 250 by 2020.
During the last five years, the association has undertaken the following activities:
- 1. Conduct lectures and certification programs on various aspects of real estate brokerage business.
- 2. Invite realtors from the U.S. and Europe and conduct training workshops for its members.
- 3. Arrange networking evenings and events to enhance member to member networking.
- 4. Organize engagements with developers and builders to further business opportunities for its members.
- 5. Set up the legal committee for legal compliance and offering legal assistance to its members.
- 6. Set up a technology committee to promote the use of new technologies, social media, MLS for the benefit of members.
- 7. Set up the women empowerment committee to address the concerns of women RE professionals and further their interests.
- 8. Set up the Government and Institutional Affairs Committee to lobby with various government bodies.